LETTER FROM RYAN #25 09.15.14.

Wednesday, September 24, 2014



This week was great! I got transferred and my new area is Oa's in the Ligao zone. My new companion is Elder Lee Lo from Samoa.  He is HUGE!!! His arm is bigger than my face. He is 6 feet 240 lbs. We are in the most north zone of the mission. It’s probably easier for us to go to Naga city than it is to go to Legaspi. My new area has lots of restaurants and has a 7-Elevan in our area. Greatest Thing Ever!!! They sell “REESE’S”.

With the transfer I was also called to be the NEW District Leader! I love it so much! We have 8 missionaries in the district, 4 elders and 4 sisters. Two of the sisters both attended BYU so that is awesome.  My new area is great but it is really far from the chapel. The chapel is huge but far for all of our members and investigators to attend church.  It takes about 30 minutes to get to our area every time we have to go out. We have to take a jeepny or a bus. The last bus leaves 8-9pm to return and that is the best time to try and find families.  It’s a challenge as I wish we could spend that time in our area and not on a bus.

Because of the bus situation, we have to focus the work around the apartment later in the evening. President has made it really clear that we are supposed to have dinner at 5 every day so we can focus 6-9 in the area. That is the best time to work. So instead of going home for dinner, we just eat out which allows us to stay and work longer.  We usually get a small pizza or hot dog.  We need to maximize our time in our area and make some sacrifices.  We want to be obedient to the mission schedule and maximize time in our area.

The town of Oa’s used to be divided into two areas. Oa’s “A” and Oa’s “B”.  “A” used to be the sister missionaries area. However, they were pulled out because we didn’t have enough sister missionaries. We now have area “A” and we juggle 2 areas.  Our investigators in our area are great. We are currently teaching this family. We taught them about the BOOK of Mormon. There is a special spirit when you teach Families rather than one person. THAT’S THE TRUTH! We also found this old guy. He said he had two sons that served missions but doesn’t really know much about The Church. We taught him and HE ACCEPTED TO BE BAPTIZED during our last lesson! I really love my new area. The area is bigger than my last area. We have a giant branch. It has 150 members.

I feel my Tagalog progressing each week. I Love TAG SO MUCH! This week was great!

This is my Dream AREA!!

Love, Elder Hernandez

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

© Ryan in the Philippines All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger