LETTER FROM RYAN #27 09.29.14

Monday, November 10, 2014

Much has happened this week. On Wednesday I went to a leadership training meeting for all of the zone leaders and district leaders for the entire mission.  President Guanzon took all the DL’s aside and had a talk with us. He said, “Of all the leadership, we have the most influence on the missionaries”.  This really helped me as I have been struggling to stay positive because as a missionary you want to save souls. Right? I want to bring people into the church SO BAD! I want to baptize people so bad! I know I’m not supposed to compare myself to others but it’s hard when everyone around you is baptizing and not one of our investigators has come to church. I have been pleading with Heavenly Father asking to help me bring others to Christ.
 
I began to ask what I am doing wrong.  I have been obedient to the mission rules, teaching with the spirit, and trying to talking to as many people as I can. Then the next day I fasted for an answer. I am not complaining about how much success I have had at all! But I want to bring as many souls as I can. Then three answers came to me. One was at the Leadership conference and the other two came the other day.
 
I was reading in Book of Mormon about Abinadi.  The thought came to me.  Abinadi only converted one person on his mission.  However, that one person ended up being one of the most influential people in the Book of Mormon.  That really showed what one person can do. Another example was with an investigator of ours.  She said, “Elders I would like to share an experience with you”.  She said, “You know in the past I’ve had trouble reading the Book of Mormon because it hurts my eyes when I read”. (She has eye problems). She said, “I prayed the Lord will help me”.  “It doesn’t hurt anymore and I read almost every day now”!  That was so great! The third answer was great.  One of the main problems in the area is that our area is 30 minutes away from the chapel. It’s really difficult and expensive for our investigators and less actives to come to church. President Guanzon told me to start a group/branch in my area. What an answer to my prayers!!!... We could have our own meeting house and eventually chapel.  The spirit testified to me, Elder Hernandez, this is what you need to do. It was so clear!
 
The district presidency (or like the stake presidency) were all for it! They then told me what I needed to do.  They said, “ELDER HERNANDEZ THIS IS WHAT WE NEED”!  I need to map and chart all of the members in the entire Oa's area. This is huge. There are about 400 members... only 69 active...only about 30 are mapped on the MLS.  They gave a giant binder of all the people. I have to find each one. After that, I will submit to President Guanzon and he will approve us for a chapel.  What an answer to my prayers!!! I know that this is what the Lord needs me to do.  Yes, I will not probably have a baptism here for some time in this area.  However, when I finish this task, it could change this whole area.  They project that if they had a chapel in our area we would have 200 active members.  Now, we have to go find them!  When we do this... the area will change into the most progressing and fastest growing area in the mission. I know it!  Please pray for us!
 
I know that the future missionaries after me will bring many souls unto Christ because of our future meeting house.   The Lord truly answers prayers.  They are just sometimes not what we expect.
Love, Elder Hernandez
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

© Ryan in the Philippines All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger