LETTER FROM RYAN #28 10.13.14

Monday, November 10, 2014


First of all, to my amazing mother I want to wish you a happy birthday! YOU ARE THE BEST MOM EVER! That is the truth!  I really miss you and your amazing back rubs and back scratches. Seriously,   I love you so much and hope you’re having the best birthday! I am sending a letter to you!  

I GOT THE PACKAGE! YOU ARE THE BEST! IT IS SO AMAZING! I HAD WAFFLES LAST NIGHT FOR DINNER!  I almost cried as it was the best!

I haven’t got to watch conference yet.  I will be able to watch it on Saturday!  I AM SO PUMPED I have definitely gained a new appreciation for conference! Can’t wait!

This week was great! On Thursday I wasn’t having that great of a day.  I didn’t feel well and I was really bothered as all of our appointments fell through.  After saying a prayer we decided to go tracting.  Not having much success at first but then we met this family. They let us in. They said, "oh you are Mormon”. “All of our friends here are Mormon”.  “We go to family home evenings all the time... and WE LOVE GOING TO CHURCH”.   THEY SAID, THEY WANT TO BE BAPTIZED! They are the definition of a golden family! We went back later that night and found another FAMILY!  We found and taught another guy on the side of the street.  He said, “Your message is beautiful”. “Can you come back and teach my family”.  It was truly a day of miracles! 

For P-day had a sports fest with the branch. Challenged the branch presidency to a ping pong tournament...I lost my first game because I was scraping off the rust. Ha-Ha Then I went undefeated after that!
Love Elder Hernandez

October 13th, 2014

This week was great! Conference was so great! Honestly, my favorite talk was the guy from Ukraine. . President Monson is the MAN! This week flew so fast. It is the last week of the transfers. I don’t think I’ll get transferred but there is a chance because Elder Lee Lo might become a trainer.

One of our investigators, Sister Leonor, is the dream investigator. She is so interested, wants to know so much! She reads the Book of Mormon every day and she is so excited for her baptism.

Today was our district activity and it was the first one I planned.  We had a GAME DAY! The sisters in my district made it very clear that they don’t want to play sports so we had a game day. It was very similar to game nights and I taught them all of these American games. It was super fun!

This week was super busy because we had conference and we had our interviews with President Guanzon. He is Awesome!  He is one of the reasons why I know I had to come to the Philippines. Every time we talk he answers many of my questions.

BUT HAPPY 8 MONTHS TO ME!  Love you, Elder Hernandez

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

© Ryan in the Philippines All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger