Letter from Ryan #3. 03.03.14.

Friday, March 14, 2014


Hey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

   
  Crazy story... they messed up my mail so I didn't get any mail and stuff until friday!  I'm sorry Mom. All of the questions you asked might have to wait. But everything is going great! The language is coming more and more each day! I'm trying my best and  it's crazy to think I leave for the Philippines in a couple of weeks. I feel like I just got here yesterday.
  I had to give away my clock you bought for me Mom. At night the ticking sounds were so loud! I couldn"t take it anymore. I'm sorry.
 I can't believe it's already march. They always said it was going to fly by but I never expected it to go this fast.  I hope everyone is doing great! How's my dog GIGI doing? Miss her like crazy!  Can you guys send me some ties? Please! Apparently, all silk ties in the Philippines is a crazy bad idea and will get ruined in two seconds. So please get some polyester ties, please, so I can machine wash them.

 Since it's march, and its a tradition for us to do a March Madness contest, send me a bracket!!!! 

  Dad, did you pay the immunization stuff i sent you? In the Philippines they wont let you do humanitarian work there if I didnt get those shots done.
 The district they morphed me into is leaving in a week! That's so crazy!. I've only known them for 4 weeks, and I feel like they're family. But since they're leaving that means I have to join another disctrict. I've already met them and they're super sweet. So I'm pumped. But I'm sad at the same time, because I love the people that are leaving so much. 
  Funny story...   every time, one of my companions  walks by a group of other missionaries, he always says, "maputing mga tao!"  Here people are always friendly, and you always say Hi to basically everyone you pass. ( Maputing mga tao, which in translation means white people)  since we are the only ones that speak tagolog here. No ones knows what he is saying. But  one time when my companion said that to a group of sister missionaires, a girl in the group spoke tagolog, because she was from the philippines, and called him out on it and we all busted out laughing. hahhahah
 I love you all so much!
 Grandma thank you so much for the Cinnamon rolls!! You're such a life saver! And I love you all so much!
Love Elder Hernandez

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

© Ryan in the Philippines All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger