LETTER FROM RYAN #14 05.25.14.

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

This week was awesome!

So many things happened this week!  I’ll first start with Jonel, one of our investigators.  He is 17 years old and he is a stud. He is so interested in the Book of Mormon, we found him through a member of the ward who recently left on his mission. So one day we are walking to his house so we can teach him and one of his friends (also a nephew of a member of the branch) asked if we are going to his house to teach. We said, “ yes”, and he asked if he could join. We said, “OF COURSE you can”! We were teaching the plan of salvation and HE GOT SO INTO THE LESSON, IT WAS AWESOME!  He was so involved asking all the right questions. We gave him a Book of Mormon to read and HE IS in Omni. He just finished 2 Nephi. His name is Mark. He told me that he loves the book. He wants to finish before Jonel.  Jonel is in ALMA already! It’s so crazy he has only been reading for a couple of weeks. They are so awesome and we teach them together because they are really close friends.  They both went to church on Sunday so it was awesome! THEY are both so excited to get baptized!

Sunday, was an awesome day. We had a 1 day mission for the branch. We put everyone in companionships and split up all the missionaries so we can cover more ground and sent everybody   into the field.  We went tracting for two hours. I was with a member and Mark, our investigator. We found a family.  I LED THE LESSON IN PURE TAGOLOG and I understood them. It was amazing!  My understanding of the language has increased tremendously. Each day I can see the progress. I'm trying to speak as much as I can. Sometimes it’s hard because the other elders try to talk to me in English because they are trying to learn English.

This week was a really good week. Although challenging at times, but very rewarding. Time is flying by and it’s going so fast. I feel like that I just got here yesterday.

Funny story, here black outs are kind of common. We have a black out about twice a week. Luckily, most of the time, we aren’t even at the apartment. But this week, as we were having personal study,   “Bam,” blackout... so we just grab our flash lights and keep on reading.  It’s so awesome, but the hardest thing is the heat. If no electricity, there are no fans... Worst feeling ever!

TYLER, Congratulations on graduating from law school! You’re free! Not from the loans. Just kidding, but from the endless hours of study. I am so proud of you!

I can’t believe Jacob Hammond just graduated.  I feel like everything is happening so fast!

Hayley how is New York?  Chad and Anna keep going strong with the business!

I love you all so much! We’re working hard! Missions are definitely the best! My new goal for scripture study is read the standard works. I’m almost done with the New Testament and almost done with the book of Mormon, again.

I love you all so much!

Until next week, Elder Hernandez.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

© Ryan in the Philippines All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger