LETTER FROM RYAN #21 07.14.14.

Tuesday, July 29, 2014



This week was another great week! 

I feel like each week I'm always saying how fast the time is passing, but it’s super-fast. I have been in the mission for five months--holy smokes. We are half way done with Elder Tamayo's training. He is such a stud. One thing that I have learned is how addicting reading the Book of Mormon is. I can’t imagine a day without it. This week was great, although Elder Tamayo was sick for a day. Poor guy was puking his guts out. We had a workshop for trainers and trainees in Legaspi, so that was fun.

One of our investigators is super cool! His name is John Paul, he was a referral from the branch president in the town over. After we invited him to be baptized he said, “Okay if I’m going to be baptized on that date I want to be taught 3 times a week and I want more reading assignments in the Book of Mormon”! WHAT? THAT IS CRAZY! We have enough trouble getting people to read it, let alone ask for more. He loves pamphlets too! Every time we give him a pamphlet, not only does he read it 10 times, he also shares it with his friends. He said after his baptism he wants us to teach his friends. That is absolutely awesome. He is super busy with work and he has to work on Sundays, so stay tuned.

This week was great, challenging, but amazing. I’ve finally gotten to a point where I can eat as much rice as a Philipino. I don’t think you understand but that’s actually like a big accomplishment. Ha-ha
I love it here so much! Love you guys so much!
Elder Hernandez

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

© Ryan in the Philippines All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger