LETTER FROM RYAN #18 06.23.14.

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

WHAT A CRAZY WEEK! 

This week was absolutely insane! First off, I had to say good bye to Elder Andrada. It was sad. I then had to go get my trainee!!!! His name is Elder Tamayo. He is a stud and he is so excited about missionary work. 
I was kind of nervous about being a trainer because of the whole language situation. But if I have learned anything, it’s that who the Lord calls, he qualifies. That is so true. I really had to step up my game because now I lead the companionship, the lessons, everything.  It’s like overnight I learned how to understand Tagalog and teach. IT’S SO CRAZY!  We had one lesson with a less active family. It was about faith and trust. After the lesson, I stopped and thought "was that really me?"  It happens every day. This has really forced me to really put so much trust in the Lord. The blessings are incredible!

My favorite lesson was probably on Saturday with Jonel. We had this plan to teach him about the priesthood because he just got baptized. We needed to get him ready to receive the priesthood.  We always teach him at our branch presidents’ house. We got there a little early and the family said that he was on his way. Then the branch president walked in. You could tell that something was wrong and he looked super stressed out. He sat next to me and started telling me about his problems. How he has to support so many people and  support two missionaries. I was trying my best to console him. Then Jonel walked in. We were about to start the lesson then the sprit prompted me "Elder Hernandez, you can’t teach about priesthood, you are to teach about trials" I thought, “Okay, let’s do it”. An act of faith, then I started the lesson. I opened my scriptures to the first page I turned to. I felt, “this is it”, it was in Alma and after we read the verse, I literally saw the transformation of the branch president.  It was like going from super depressed to someone who was gleaming with joy for all the trials he’s facing.  He then asked if he could share some experiences about his trials. I felt prompted again, let’s share another scripture about the promises of blessings. I flipped my scriptures again, there it was again. I knew this was the scripture I needed to share.  It was perfect! I have never seen a more tried people in my life.  I have never seen so much faith in my life. These people are amazing!

The baptism was awesome! It was ON THE BEACH!

Love you so much!

Elder Hernandez
Go USA FOR THE WORLD CUP. 
(I would say Philippines but they are not in the World Cup!)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

© Ryan in the Philippines All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger