LETTER FROM RYAN #20 07.07.14.

Tuesday, July 29, 2014


Hey everyone!

This week was another crazy week!

 We taught this one really old guy, I mean old!  During the lesson I thought he was going to die because of his chest problems. During the middle of the lesson I thought he wasn't breathing. When we went back to check on him and he saw us coming, he got up and started walking away. We walked up to his house which was about 15 yards away and he was gone?  There was no possible way that could ever happen? An old man somehow managed to run from us. I thought it was hilarious!

Another night we went tracting because we had no appointments. We found another old guy. It was
kind of late so he said "just come back tomorrow". We get that all the time when we are trackting.  "Just
come back tomorrow."  With him we could feel that he was really sincere about having us comeback.  The morning we went back, he let us in and we started talking. He knew the Bible very well. He started talking about Adam and Eve. We felt he needed to talk about the "Plan of Salvation".  We started talking about the Book of Mormon. He LOVED IT!  At the end of the lesson he said "I don't know what I'm feeling but I feel like this is true".   He said he would read the Book of Mormon and that he is searching for the truth. His name is Jose he is 83 years old. We scheduled our next appointment for tomorrow.  He said to come in the morning because the Jehovah Witnesses come in the afternoon. Ha-Ha. He said "I let all religions come here so I can know".

It was just a great week.  Sometimes at night my legs are just dead from walking so much.  It's the rainy season now! Thank Heavens! I get cold at night and it's the greatest feeling ever. I've been really starting to expand my cooking ability. Ha-ha I really have no choice!

 I've been studying more and more in the old BOOK of Mormon you sent. It's so awesome. I'm super excited about the package. I think I'll get itWednesday. Last week was the fourth of July and it was our zone training so the entire zone gets together. We have 26 missionaries in the zone.  All of the Americans got up and we sang the "STAR SPANGLED BANNER" of course.

Keep praying for miracles. They totally will come but you have to work hard to get them.

Love you so much,

Elder Hernandez

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

© Ryan in the Philippines All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger