LETTER FROM RYAN #22 07.28.14.

Tuesday, July 29, 2014


This week was crazy!

Don’t worry I'm still alive! So much has happened this past week.  I’m sure you have heard of the Typhoon that hit the Philippines. Yes, it hit my area really hard. We got a storm alert that said if you live in certain areas (my area) be warned and evacuate.  

Everything is fine. I have been living without electricity for two weeks and they said we won’t have it for two more months. It is difficult because we can only teach some of our investigators at night so we are still adjusting to the new schedule because of curfew at 6pm.

We have only been focusing on service for the past two weeks. We didn’t return to actual missionary work until yesterday. Your package was perfect timing because we have been wearing normal clothes and I’ve been just wearing my “Duck Dynasty” shirts each day. We got to buy a giant machete to help clear debris.  I’ve been carrying it around everywhere I go and asking people if they need service. It’s super cool!  We found so many people through our service. There is no way we would have found these people without the service opportunity.  One person who we helped went to CHURCH!

Sincerely,

Elder Ryan Hernandez

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

© Ryan in the Philippines All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger